Welcome to Term 2! ISSUE 6, Week 2 Term 2 of the St Dominic’s Priory College Newsletter is available online now: CLICK HERE
IN THIS ISSUE:
- We recognise and celebrate the remarkable achievements of our talented musicians, and hear from our Multi-Arts Coordinator about all the many ways our girls’ learning is enriched in the Arts both in and out of the classroom.
- Parent-Teacher Interviews have begun; with staff, parent/guardians and your daughters alike, valuing this opportunity to engage.
- As Term 1 ended, so too did the Project Compassion Appeal, where students were encouraged to ‘Be More’. A total of $7624.08 was raised for Caritas Australia, and we congratulate the 10G Class on donating the highest amount ($938.60).
- There is a welcome from our new Parents & Friends Co-Presidents, as well as a summary of the Parents & Friends key events for the term ahead. Key reminders include:
- Please ensure any outstanding Parents & Friends Raffle Books are returned by Monday 10 May
- Quiz Night has a new date! Friday 18 June – put this in your calendars now.
- The next Parents & Friends Meeting will be on Thursday 13 May – 6:30pm in the Library [please note date change]
- Looking for a last minute Mother’s Day gift? Order an Entertainment Membership online here today, and support St Dominic’s.
- There is a wonderful demonstration of integrated learning from the Year 4 Class, with a colourful selection of collages published, each featuring the Amazon Rainforest. As an additional part of the girls’ learning experience, the Year 4 Class have also joined the ‘Mobile Muster’ team; collecting old phones so they can be recycled properly. For more information about this initiative, visit the Mobile Muster website or see inside the Newsletter for details on how you can donate your old phone(s) to the Year 4 Mobile Muster Team.
- At St Dominic’s Priory College, our philosophy continues to draw on the five key areas of The Australian Student Wellbeing Framework. To read more from our Deputy Principal on this subject, be sure to check out page 4.
- The theme of wellbeing continues, with a report from the Year 12 Coordinator on the 2021 Year 12 Pastoral Care program.
- Starting from now through to Week 5, SRCs at each year level will be hosting a fundraising activity to raise money for Taboo and The Smith Family. Learn about the fun activities being planned – and the creative incentives for each fundraising tier reached – on Page 5.
- Round 1 & 2 Sports Draws are released, the Term 2 Tuckshop Menu is published, and there are some general reminders about the College Uniform Policy.
All this, and more… online now: CLICK HERE