ISSUE 7, Week 4 Term 2 of the St Dominic’s Priory College Newsletter is available online now: CLICK HERE
IN THIS ISSUE:
- 17-23 May is National Volunteer Week, and we highlight the generous commitment and loyalty of those who volunteer their service to the College, and reflect on the importance of their contribution to our Community.
- May is also the Month of devotion to Mary the Mother of God; a dedication that manifested in the celebration of our own Mothers, Grandmothers, Godmothers, Aunties and all the special Mother-figures in our lives when our Year 1 Class led a special Mother’s Day Mass in our Chapel.
- As term continues, so too does our Student Representative Council’s efforts to raise money and awareness for Taboo and The Smith Family.
- We congratulate the winners of our Parents & Friends Raffle and launch the 2021 Chocolate Drive. In order to finalise the order of Cadbury’s Chocolates, we ask that current families please respond to the Chocolate Drive opt in/opt out survey by 9am Tuesday 25 May.
- St Dominic’s Priory College is once again participating in the Entertainment fundraiser. Whilst books are no longer issued, electronic memberships – either single city or multiple city – offer the flexibility of being valid from the day of purchase. 12 or 24 month memberships are available, and 20% of the subscription costs supports St Dominic’s. See what is available here.
- Details for the Parents & Friends 2021 Quiz Night are announced! To book tickets, click here.
- There is a lot news across both Junior and Secondary School Sport, and we especially congratulate all our girls who have recently been recognised in state and national level competition.
- Our Year 7 cohort have settled into the rigor of Secondary School – read more in the Year 7 Coordinator’s Report.
- Year 5 report back on their experience at the Maritime Museum.
- There has been a ‘buzz’ of activity across STEM at the College, with Year 10 Science participating in the Australia-New Zealand Brain Bee Challenge, Year 12 Chemistry visiting Flinders University for a workshop on Analytical Chemistry, and acceptance emails for the Science and Engineering Challenge will be sent home in Week 5.
All this, and more… online now: CLICK HERE