ISSUE 15, Week 10 Term 3 of the St Dominic’s Priory College Newsletter is available now here.
IN THIS ISSUE
- We came together as a whole College to, finally, celebrate the Feast of St Dominic.
- Gala Day was a resounding success! Clear skies, yummy food, and many creative interpretations of this year’s theme “Your Year of Birth”. Charities chosen to share in the proceeds of the day, as chosen by students, include: CARE Australia, The Village Co, Catherine House, United Nations Women Australia, and The Christmas Party for Special Children.
- Hosted by the Social Justice Club, staff and students gathered for ‘Our Story’; a platform in support of Afghan girls within our College Community who have been affected in some way by the current crisis in Afghanistan. To contribute or learn about the United Nations Afghanistan Emergency Appeal, which is particularly supporting Afghani women and girls, CLICK HERE.
- The College is proud to support the fundraising initiative of Ale in Year 7 who, in front of her family and peers this week, had her head shaved for the Leukaemia Foundation World’s Greatest Shave. To help Ale reach her fundraising goal of $10,000 you can contribute HERE.
- There has been a lot of fun things happening across the Junior School, including; Year 4 Sustainability Expo, Year 3 PJ Day, Music is Fun Incursion, Catholic Schools Music Festival, and much, much more.
- Students from across Years 7 – 9 participated in Write a Book in a Day; raising a staggering $6,136 for The Kids’ Cancer Project through sponsorship.
- We congratulate Lisa, Monica and Mary of Year 12, who recently competed in the finals of the Australian National Titration Competition; a laboratory-based exploration in Chemistry, hosted by the Royal Australian Chemical Institute.
- Year 11 SRCs reflect upon their experience at the rescheduled Australian of the Year Breakfast; held recently at the National Wine Centre of Australia.
- In our next instalment of HerStory: Celebrating our Dominican Leaders, we focus on Mother Mary Rose Mayo (1868 – 1931); second Headmistress of St Dominic’s Priory (1895 – 1927) and take a trip into the archives, reproducing an article from the 1949-1950 College Magazine, as written by a former student of “Sister Mary Rose”, Marie Green (nee Coghlan).
- There are photos and anecdotes from Year 9 Camp.
- The Parents & Friends meetings for Term 4 are announced, and there’s a special request for help, from the Auction Committee.
ALL THIS AND MORE – AVAILABLE ONLINE HERE.