It is with a heavy heart that we inform the wider College Community of the reluctant decision to cancel the St Dominic’s Priory College Fete & Auction for 2021. There are a number of factors that influenced this decision:
- On completing our SA Health COVID Management Plan, it was identified that the event could not go ahead without major adjustments.
- The emergence of COVID-19 exposure sites in South Australia were a stark reminder, that we are still in a vulnerable position;
- If the College became an exposure site, the impact on staff and students would be significant; particularly to our senior students as they approach their end of year examinations.
- What would it mean if a large number of students and staff were required to go into isolation? Even people who are fully vaccinated are required to self-isolate if they have visited an exposure site.
- In addition to the above, building demolition and site works on campus have impacted the College footprint, restricting some movement and access points.
We would like to take the opportunity to, again, thank our dedicated team of Fete Convenors for their time and commitment during Term 3.
To the generous families and community businesses who donated items to our Auction; we thank you for your ongoing support and patience as we finalise plans for how the Auction may go ahead in a different format.
The next College Fete will be held in October 2022. Thank you for your understanding.