Year 8 Orientation
Meeting the new members of the Year 8 cohort for 2019 was a real pleasure and we hope that they feel more aware of the St. Dominic’s community and of our appreciation of their formative Primary School environments. They are great ambassadors for those communities.
Connections across Adelaide or indeed across Australia are being made through formal and informal channels as the graduates from 40 and 50 years ago are soon to meet in two well planned reunions. Please pass the word on if you are in the company of a former student of the appropriate vintage.
- 50 Year Reunion (1966-68) – Friday September 21st: Tour of the College at 5:30pm followed by dinner at The Caledonian Hotel.
- 40 Year Reunion – Sunday November 4th:College Tour will begin at 12 noon before a gathering at The Caledonian Hotel.
- Positive Psychology & Wellness Week: The Student Representative Council (SRCs) organised daily lunchtime activities to raise awareness about the problems youth face, regarding mental health matters.
- Year 9 Camp
- Well done to our Year 7 Class, who raised over $670 in less than 1 hour as part of Legacy Badge Week
- Literacy Week’s Primary Poem Competition and Book Week’s ‘Big Book of Treasure Quotes’ competition winners are announced.
- Australian Geography Competition and International Science Competition results are in. Well done to all students who participated.
- Catholic Schools Music Festival | Thursday 13 September – good luck to our Choir members who have been working so hard all year!
- SDPC vs Blackfriars Dominican Cup Debating | Tuesday 18 September in the Conway Library
- A Spring Variety Music Concert, with special Year 12 Solo pre-concert, Thursday 20 September in the College Hall. Tickets at the door.
- The Uniform Shop is closed and will reopen 10:30-1:30 Monday 24 September. School Holiday opening hours are published inside this week’s Bulletin. Summer Uniform is worn in Term 4.
- The 2018 Parent Roster is still in need of more help! Sign up now at: https://stdo.ms/Fete18
- The Week 8 Fete Appeal is a Packet Sweets (Sweets Stall) and $2 for Jams (Produce Stall)
- The Auction Committee have been working hard alongside our Primary families to provide some stunning baskets for the Auction. If YOU would like to help in anyway, please let us know via the reply slip in today’s Bulletin.
The Week 8 Bulletin is online now.