Term 1 is Underway
WELCOME and WELCOME BACK to St. Dominic’s Priory College as we open the gates to the 133rd year of our history. Happy Lunar New Year also to the Vietnamese and Chinese Families. The Year of the Rooster with its encouragement of reliability, punctuality and hard work is ideal for students commencing a new year.
In today’s newsletter we introduce our new students and staff by name. We also congratulate the Year 12 Class of 2016 and their teachers on their outstanding results.
- Information about the first events in the college calendar as well as a summary of the year ahead
- Summer Tuckshop Menu
- Uniform Shop hours
- Parents & Friends welcome
Get Week 1’s Bulletin online here.
FAMILY MASS is on Sunday 12 February. For catering and seating purposes, please RSVP via the flyer enclosed in today’s Bulletin.
If you are available to assist the Parents & Friends with the BBQ and Morning Tea (scheduled after the Mass) please sign up online here. It is a great way for new parents to meet other families, and for others to reconnect after the long holiday.
Parent Information Evenings are scheduled as follows:
- Tuesday 7 February: Reception to Year 6 Parents [2/2: please note time change – 6:30pm refreshments | 7:00pm start]
- Monday 13 February: Year 11 and 12 Parents
- Wednesday 15 February: Year 7 & 8 Parents
- Monday 20 February: Year 9 & 10 Parents
The Parent Information Evenings are tailored to provide valuable information relevant to the students’ age and year level; providing parents with the opportrunity to meet their daughter’s teachers and the families of those in her class. We expect at least one parent from each family to attend and invite parents to RSVP via the back page of today’s newsletter.
- Sri Lanka Trip movie fundraiser on Sunday 26 February. As announced last year, the inaugural Sri Lanka Trip participants will be hosting a fundraising afternoon tea and screening of Lion at the Capri Theatre (141 Goodwood Rd) from 2:30pm on Sunday 26 February. Tickets ($25) are available from the Accounts Office [contact: 8267 3818]. For further information, see the Facebook event page here.
ONLINE EXCLUSIVE: News from Year 6
Year 6 students have already started demonstrating great leadership skills by being involved in welcoming new students to the Primary school. There are a lot of new things for the Year 6 class including lockers, new teachers, new classrooms and MYP. It’s going to be an exciting time for everyone.