There is a particular focus on STEM in the Week 7 Bulletin.
- Year 7 Science visited SA Water to partake in the ‘Follow that Drop’ workshop.
- Year 8 Mathematics enjoyed ‘The Maths Show’ incursion in the College Hall.
- Students from Mathematics 10A took part in the ‘Young Women in STEM’ workshop at the University of Adelaide.
Also this week:
- Student Leaders from St Dominic’s Priory College and Blackfriars Priory School came together on Friday night for the annual Prefects’ Conference; part of a 40 year tradition of fostering Dominican community spirit and Christian leadership. It was a real pleasure to be able to host the Dinner in our new Year 12 Centre.
- Meanwhile, our Year 9 Middle School Leaders attended yLead’s Altitude Day.
- News from Year 12: The Year 12 cohort have passed the halfway point of their year in terms of teaching weeks, and benefited from a visit by an Educational Psychologist in Pastoral Care this week, who delivered a seminar titled: ‘Revision that works: how never to freeze in a test again.’
- Year 10 Retreat centred around the theme ‘CTRL+ALT+DEL’, exploring how to make positive life choices and delete negativity. It was facilitated by Talk Out Loud.
- Year 6/7 competed in Knockout Competitions in both Netball and Soccer.
Parents & Friends Chocolate Drive: boxes will be coming home soon!
2019 School Musical: We are proud to announce that St Dominic’s Priory College is the first South Australian school to present Roald Dahl’s Matilda The Musical. Get your tickets online now.
Get the Week 7 Term 2 Bulletin online now.