ISSUE 14, Week 8 Term 3 of the St Dominic’s Priory College Newsletter is available now here.
IN THIS ISSUE
- The College marks the occasion of Child Protection Week and Safeguarding Sunday with prayer, resources, and an affirmation of the St Dominic’s Priory College Safeguarding Children and Young People Commitment Statement.
- As our student and staff community prepare to celebrate the rescheduled St Dominic’s Week events – St Dominic’s Day Mass and Gala Day, respectively – we acknowledge the difficult decision to cancel the 2021 College Fete and express gratitude for the dedicated support of all who had worked towards its fruition.
- Today, Thursday 9 September, is R U OK? Day. See inside today’s Newsletter for a helpful infographic on ways you can ask ‘Are you okay?’ today or visit https://www.ruok.org.au/ for further resources.
- Book Week is over for another year, and so we take a look back on how the College celebrated books and explored the 2021 theme of ‘Old Worlds, New Worlds, Other Worlds’
- Our Junior School Poets are at it again, winning prizes and acknowledgements in the 2021 Young Writers Award and local competitions. We are proud to share their work with you.
- We hear from the VET & Careers faculty, where emphasis is presently on our senior students, and their post-school options.
- In the wake of the Fete announcement, the Parents & Friends are regrouping and considering their options on ways the St Dominic’s Community can gather, and welcome input on how the Auction planned for Fete could be reimagined.
- The Term 4 Saturday Sport training scheduled is announced, and we celebrate the success of our Junior School athletes and state carnival representatives.
ALL THIS AND MORE – AVAILABLE ONLINE HERE.